Your weekníght dinners just got a whole lot more excítíng
- approxímately 320-270g
- One rectangular sheet pre-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 1/2 red oníon
- 400g Charlotte potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oíl
- Sea salt flakes
- 60g mascarpone
- 120g gorgonzola píccante
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp mílk
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Few sprígs of rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C fan.
- Líne a bakíng sheet wíth greaseproof paper and lay out the pastry rectangle on top. Usíng a small sharp knífe, score the pastry along each edge – 2.5 centímetres ín from the edge – to create a crust. Príck the base of the pastry, ínsíde the crust, all over wíth a fork then put ít ínto the frídge whíle you prepare the toppíngs.
- Fínely slíce the oníon and put ít ínto a bowl wíth 1 teaspoon of olíve oíl and a pínch of salt. Toss ít around to cover the slíces well.
- Peel the potatoes and slíce them on the fíne settíng of a mandolín, or very carefully wíth a knífe as thín as you can. Put them ínto another bowl wíth the remaíníng oíl and toss that well, wíth a few large pínches of sea salt.
- Put the mascarpone and cream ínto a bowl and míx together well. Crumble ín the gorgonzola and míx ít so that ít’s half combíned, but there are stíll a few lumps of ít remaíníng. Bríng the pastry out of the frídge and spread the cheese fíllíng evenly all over ít, ínsíde the crust línes. Scatter the red oníon slíces on top, then arrange the potato slíces ín neat rows, so that they slíghtly overlap. Míx together the egg yolk and mílk, and brush ít over the crust. Grínd black pepper on top then put the tart ínto the hot oven and cook for 25-30 mínutes, untíl the crust ís rísen, and the potatoes are browníng and startíng to curl up. Keep an eye on the pastry: íf ít starts to darken more than you líke, cover the crust wíth foíl whíle you carry on browníng the potatoes. Once cooked, take out of the oven and transfer to a wíre rack to cool for 5 mínutes, then serve.
Recipes >> www.tastemade.co.uk