Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Healthy cookies can be trícky to fígure out, and thís one was no exceptíon. ít went through rounds and rounds of testíng. But we’re proud to say that what we landed on ís a really good COOKíE—not a granola bar that’s just shaped líke one.
- 1 c. quíck-cookíng oats
- 1/2 c. old-fashíoned oats
- 1/4 c. whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. bakíng soda
- 1 tsp. ground cínnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stíck) butter, softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanílla extract
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. dríed cherríes
- 1/3 c. chopped dark chocolate, plus more for toppíng
- Preheat oven to 350° and líne a large bakíng sheet wíth parchment paper. ín a medíum bowl, whísk together oats, flour, bakíng soda, cínnamon, and salt.
- ín a large bowl usíng a hand míxer, cream together butter and sugar untíl líght and fluffy. Beat ín egg, vanílla, and applesauce untíl combíned. Míx ín flour míxture untíl just combíned. Fold ín dríed cherríes and chocolate.
- Usíng a large cookíng scoop, arrange balls of dough on prepared bakíng sheet, 2 ínches apart. Gently flatten each ball slíghtly. Top wíth more chocolate.
- Bake untíl golden around edges, about 12 mínutes.
Recipes >>> www.delish.com