Pizza and a milkshake; it sounds like music to everyone, but unfortunately it is not exactly a meal that belongs in a healthy diet. But would not it be wonderful to be able to enjoy a meal without any guilt? This pizza is the outcome!
The pizza bottom is made exclusively from cauliflower, and no flour is involved. Calorie-poor and giant healthy. Eat this cauliflower pizza with a protein shake and your ‘fast food’ menu is complete!
Food processor/bar mixer mill
500 grams of cauliflower
1 teaspoon of provençal herbs
100 milliliters of pasta sauce
half red pepper
100 grams of cottage cheese light
100 grams of bacon strips
80 grams to taste
- For the soil
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Cut half the cauliflower into small blocks so that they fit into the mill of the hand blender. Finely chop the cauliflower in the mill until it has become a kind of snow (small grains of rice grains).
- Put the ‘cauliflower snow’ in a microwave-safe bowl, together with 5 tablespoons of water. Let the cauliflower in the microwave cook for 5 minutes at the highest setting.
- Toss the cauliflower crumbs in a clean dry tea towel and squeeze out all the moisture. Note: Let the cauliflower cool down for 10 minutes, otherwise it is too hot to squeeze out. All the moisture has to be squeezed out of the cauliflower, leaving a dry mass.
- Mix the squeezed cauliflower with the egg, protein and herbs, add salt and pepper to taste and form a nice ball of dough from the mass.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower mass over the baking paper and form into a nice round thin pizza base.
- Bake the pizza in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Look halfway if the pizza does not burn.
- Before the siege cut the bell pepper into strips and the mushrooms into slices.
- Remove the pizza bottom from the oven after 15 minutes and brush with the pasta sauce.
- Spread the peppers, mushrooms, bacon strips and cottage cheese light over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for another 15 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Check again that it is not burning.
- Sprinkle the pizza with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy your meal!
Add a delicious protein shake for the complete menu: 350 ml water or (almond) milk with 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice – the shake on the image is chocolate.
You can vary endlessly with the siege; use the vegetables, meats and cheese that you like best to make the ultimate pizza.